Wednesday, September 13, 2006


Mostly Bob is featured as a "Great Read" in PEOPLE Magazine - September 18. 2006 issue.


A lot of people have asked if I have another dog in my life now. A friend took this sweet picture of my current Golden Retriever Pi yesterday, so I thought I'd post it to the blog. Pi came to me about seven months after Bob's sad departure. She was six years old at the time and had lost her owner several months before.

Our story begins three days before Bob's unexpected passing. I went out to dinner with some friends, and as I tied Bob up outside the restaurant, my friend Linda asked if I would consider taking another dog. "I really couldn't imagine it, why?". "My sister is dying of cancer and has a six year old Golden Retriever." she said. In spite of this double spear to my heart, I still couldn't see two dogs in my life. Then, three days later, Bob was gone.

I couldn't avoid the syncronicity of these events, so several weeks later, I called to tell Linda what had happened and said I would be open to meeting her sister's dog when the time came. Pi arrived about seven months later and has been with me since. She is my first female dog and an superb cuddler.

1 Comments:

Blogger SchoolPsyc said...

Awwww. She looks so serious in this pose. I hope she is smiling now since you have given her a new home. Now, you must tell us how she came to be named Pi by your friend's sister.

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home